Well I have graduated with my Masters degree. I have one final mark from my Theological Foundations class. It was a D+. Ha ha! I was so glad I passed! I will not go into details of why my mark was so low. I will say I was delighted to get some papers back from another class a week later to see I had a B+ and two A's. I have never been concerned with my grades. I know what I learn. I know what I take away. I am constantly filtering what I learn through the life I am living. How does this impact those I live and work with? How would it benefit them? How can I share this so it makes sense? I know what I believe.
I love learning.
Then I ran a half marathon yesterday. I will admit I am a bit stiff today. I only trained for a good two weeks. I do not recommend running a half marathon that way. So I ran/walked the first 8 miles but walked most of the last 5 miles. As I walked and my body was tired I kept thinking, there is no one else to get you across the finish line. I knew I could do it. So I did.
I love running.
Lately I have been trying to get the attention of the City in regards to some of their plans that will very negatively affect the business I run and some of the customers I serve in that business. Sometimes I feel as though people treat the West End like a door mat. The people do not seem to matter. Well they matter to me and I will stand up for them. Surely they deserve better. Maybe if someone believes in them, some will find their way up out of poverty.
I love my neighbours.
Now I hope to have a few weeks of doing nothing other than work. Not much chance of that happening though. My life is never dull. There is always something that comes up. Right now I am praying for those close to me who have lost loved ones. Sadly, there are a few. My heart breaks for those who are feeling a loss and emptiness created by the death of someone so important to them.
I love my family and friends.
I am blessed. I just hope I can be a blessing to those around me.
I love learning.
Then I ran a half marathon yesterday. I will admit I am a bit stiff today. I only trained for a good two weeks. I do not recommend running a half marathon that way. So I ran/walked the first 8 miles but walked most of the last 5 miles. As I walked and my body was tired I kept thinking, there is no one else to get you across the finish line. I knew I could do it. So I did.
I love running.
Lately I have been trying to get the attention of the City in regards to some of their plans that will very negatively affect the business I run and some of the customers I serve in that business. Sometimes I feel as though people treat the West End like a door mat. The people do not seem to matter. Well they matter to me and I will stand up for them. Surely they deserve better. Maybe if someone believes in them, some will find their way up out of poverty.
I love my neighbours.
Now I hope to have a few weeks of doing nothing other than work. Not much chance of that happening though. My life is never dull. There is always something that comes up. Right now I am praying for those close to me who have lost loved ones. Sadly, there are a few. My heart breaks for those who are feeling a loss and emptiness created by the death of someone so important to them.
I love my family and friends.
I am blessed. I just hope I can be a blessing to those around me.
Comments
Post a Comment