Skip to main content

How quickly things change...

I have moved into my very first house. I LOVE it! It is a beautiful house in the area I love. My street is great and I am thinking I will need to put up more Christmas lights. I have enjoyed settling into my home and love having people over.

I moved in after my last day at my job. What a crazy transition to make in life. The time off work has been healing. I may finally be rested and relaxed. I am not worried about work. I will get a job easily enough. I may have one lined up early into next year. I was beginning to worry a bit about the time between then. A dear friend suggested my name to a local community group as a possible candidate for a part time position they have for five months. One of the women phoned asking for my resume. I sent it in and did not hear a thing. Today the other woman hiring for the position phoned me and I have my interview tomorrow. I have not had an interview for a while. It will be interesting. I am not worried. I know who I am. I know what I believe. I know what I can do.

I have also recently heard from the West End Biz. They have their AGM next week. I have had a great relationship with the Biz in my time working in the West End. They do a lot to improve the area for business. They wanted to let me know they were going to give me the 'Community Star Award'. I had tears from hearing that. I do not do what I do for recognition. That is a good thing because I am often not recognised (that is a good thing I think) for what I do. It also helped heal some of the hurt from the way I was let go of my previous job.

So a lot can change rather quickly. Never doubt. Never wonder if your life will ever be better than it is. Remain true. Remain strong. Remain faithful. Maintain integrity. Be honest. Be caring. Be loving. Be forgiving. Because God never ceases. And when we live lives of worth, anything can happen.

Comments

  1. Another red-head said something similar upon losing his job....

    "Please don't be cynical. If you work hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen." ~ Conan O'Brien

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an inspiration, Belinda! What a great attitude. Looking forward to seeing what the LORD brings to you. I know from my own last couple of years that His ways and His timing is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the award. If anyone deserves it, it truly is you. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Belinda -- I'm thrilled to hear of the award, even as I was sorry you were leaving the cafe.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Safety

I should be doing homework. I have to give a presentation on Dorothy Day in class next week and she lived a large life. I also have to submit a 15-18 page paper on her. Yet I had to stop after reading just a summary of her life. She did a lot. She lived what she believed without fear. She went to prison on a few occasions for the causes she believed in. It got me thinking about my own life and where I am currently. I do not go out often anymore. People do not invite me out much. Only a few people text or call me regularly or message me on social media. Often when I have made plans over the past year or so I have changed or cancelled them for one reason or another. I can see why people do not automatically think to invite me out. (Ha ha.) Yet I also see how I got to this point in life. During Covid, I almost thrived being home a lot. A part of me was tired and the introvert in me needed time away. It was safe. Now that life has returned to a normal of sorts, maybe a new normal that is n...

Hmm...how's this for an intro?

Well here is my first blog post. I thought the title 'B S' is great considering those are my initials. No hidden meaning there either. I have no idea how often I will post on here but I hope those who read it enjoy. My life is certainly never dull. The potential for great conversation is immense. I also hope to inspire and encourage others through this... Thanks for joining me!

Pick your battles...

Apparently I have chosen yet another battle. Although can it be a battle if the other side simply dismisses you? Maybe not. I saw PETA's banned Super Bowl ad purely by chance. I was on a web site showing all the ads as I did not watch the game. When it first came on I thought it was a Victoria's Secret commercial. Then I see vegetables in the ad. It was PETA. So I sent an email. Scantily clad women performing mock sex acts with produce is not my idea of intelligent advertising. It lowers the bar. It is exploiting women. I sent them an email expressing that opinion. They disagree. It seems it is ok to demean women (at least this is my opinion) for the sake of animals. Yet I do not see that ad generating more support for the cause of animal rights. Is it controversial? Yes. Does it get people talking? Clearly. Yet it does not get people talking intelligently about the real issue - that of preventing cruelty to animals. Why don't they raise the bar in advert...