I am sitting here completely exhausted. Yet I am also incredibly happy.
This week we had a provincial election. I was one of over 200 candidates who put their names forward. I was not one of the 57 who won. Well, not by vote count anyway.
It was not my first election but it was my first major effort. I had an amazing group of incredibly dedicated volunteers willing to door knock with me almost daily. I had a few fundraisers ahead of time allowing us to have a more visible presence in the community. I had momentum.
I did not have the most votes when all was said and done though. A part of me is sad with the loss. I am sad for those who worked so hard and believed not only in our party message, but me as a person. I am a bit sad to have lost for myself.
Mostly though, I am incredibly happy. We not only worked hard, but enjoyed campaigning. We had fun. We met a lot of amazing people. We got to know each other better. We supported each other. We encouraged one another.
I 'left nothing in the tank' so to speak by the time polls were closed. As votes were counted, it became clear very quickly that I did not win.
However, I was amazed at the countless messages I received congratulating me on my campaign. People I have yet to meet but simply 'watched' my campaign on social media, those who were watching results come in not knowing I was a candidate, family from all over, and many friends all shared their well wishes and congratulations on our hard work.
Their words mean more to me than I can say. I am also feeling incredibly blessed to have been even a small part of such a great team of candidates. I have never been more impressed and inspired but a group of people all working towards the same goal.
I know I have made some lifelong friends through this journey. For that I am incredibly thankful.
This is how I won even when I lost.
This week we had a provincial election. I was one of over 200 candidates who put their names forward. I was not one of the 57 who won. Well, not by vote count anyway.
It was not my first election but it was my first major effort. I had an amazing group of incredibly dedicated volunteers willing to door knock with me almost daily. I had a few fundraisers ahead of time allowing us to have a more visible presence in the community. I had momentum.
I did not have the most votes when all was said and done though. A part of me is sad with the loss. I am sad for those who worked so hard and believed not only in our party message, but me as a person. I am a bit sad to have lost for myself.
Mostly though, I am incredibly happy. We not only worked hard, but enjoyed campaigning. We had fun. We met a lot of amazing people. We got to know each other better. We supported each other. We encouraged one another.
I 'left nothing in the tank' so to speak by the time polls were closed. As votes were counted, it became clear very quickly that I did not win.
However, I was amazed at the countless messages I received congratulating me on my campaign. People I have yet to meet but simply 'watched' my campaign on social media, those who were watching results come in not knowing I was a candidate, family from all over, and many friends all shared their well wishes and congratulations on our hard work.
Their words mean more to me than I can say. I am also feeling incredibly blessed to have been even a small part of such a great team of candidates. I have never been more impressed and inspired but a group of people all working towards the same goal.
I know I have made some lifelong friends through this journey. For that I am incredibly thankful.
This is how I won even when I lost.
Comments
Post a Comment