Skip to main content

What a difference a day makes!!!

Phew. I'm glad it is Friday. I can relax about work until Monday. Tonight I will even be able to get a proper night sleep...I hope.

For a couple of weeks now my skin has been 'breaking out'. It has been itchy beyond belief on my legs and arms. I thought maybe I had a recurrence of bed bugs but oculd never find them in my bed. Then yesterday, after almost no sleep the night beofre, I found one walking on my bed! I was distraught to say the least. I was also exhausted from all the insanity caused by the people in a suite in the basement. I had to call the police to break up fights going on outside.

I was at the end of my rope. I was so close to a breakdown. I am not even kidding about that! My dear friend Janine rescued me long enough to go for dinner. It was the sanity break I needed and when I came home there was a security guard at the door. He stayed all night in the building and suddenly it was quiet! I also slept on my sofa and got an amazing sleep.

So this morning I woke up ready to take on whatever challenges come my way. I have a renewed vision for my job (which had been non-existant lately) and a renewed passion for living here. My skin is also healing, which is good because that was starting to make me crazy.

As I type, my bed is in a large trailer being heated by Leon, who is not charging me for the service. When he brings it back tonight it will be bug free and I will put my bedding back on (it has gone through the dryer and is bed bug free too). Ah, that will be even better!

I am so thankful for the improvement in today. I say most literally and loudly, 'Thank you Jesus!"

Comments

  1. How did you get bed bugs? What a horrible problem! I'm glad things are going well for you. I pray that you would find peace this weekend and a non-itchy bed! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They came from, most likely, my neighbour. They have been in the building for a while now. I knew that and was trying to prevent them from coming into my flat. I first got them from the people below me. They were treated and all was well. However, my neighbour refused to let someone in to treat his flat so they came back to mine. I am fortunate to have someone near by who helps make my bed safe again by treating it with intense heat. Yay! My bedding is fine after being put through the dryer for 40 minutes. I think I slept better last night than I have in weeks!

    Love you too dear friend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Safety

I should be doing homework. I have to give a presentation on Dorothy Day in class next week and she lived a large life. I also have to submit a 15-18 page paper on her. Yet I had to stop after reading just a summary of her life. She did a lot. She lived what she believed without fear. She went to prison on a few occasions for the causes she believed in. It got me thinking about my own life and where I am currently. I do not go out often anymore. People do not invite me out much. Only a few people text or call me regularly or message me on social media. Often when I have made plans over the past year or so I have changed or cancelled them for one reason or another. I can see why people do not automatically think to invite me out. (Ha ha.) Yet I also see how I got to this point in life. During Covid, I almost thrived being home a lot. A part of me was tired and the introvert in me needed time away. It was safe. Now that life has returned to a normal of sorts, maybe a new normal that is n...

Hmm...how's this for an intro?

Well here is my first blog post. I thought the title 'B S' is great considering those are my initials. No hidden meaning there either. I have no idea how often I will post on here but I hope those who read it enjoy. My life is certainly never dull. The potential for great conversation is immense. I also hope to inspire and encourage others through this... Thanks for joining me!

Pick your battles...

Apparently I have chosen yet another battle. Although can it be a battle if the other side simply dismisses you? Maybe not. I saw PETA's banned Super Bowl ad purely by chance. I was on a web site showing all the ads as I did not watch the game. When it first came on I thought it was a Victoria's Secret commercial. Then I see vegetables in the ad. It was PETA. So I sent an email. Scantily clad women performing mock sex acts with produce is not my idea of intelligent advertising. It lowers the bar. It is exploiting women. I sent them an email expressing that opinion. They disagree. It seems it is ok to demean women (at least this is my opinion) for the sake of animals. Yet I do not see that ad generating more support for the cause of animal rights. Is it controversial? Yes. Does it get people talking? Clearly. Yet it does not get people talking intelligently about the real issue - that of preventing cruelty to animals. Why don't they raise the bar in advert...