Today I started a second part time job. I am working with Muslim women here in the city. I am hoping to create programs for them to help them adjust to life in a very different country. I have met gracious, beautiful, wonderful women. I understand the word 'Muslim' can bring up varying images in minds of all people. I hope people will allow me to add a new addition to that view. I have met women who simply want to live a life of peace. They do not want to struggle. They want their children to grow up learning all they can. They want their children to succeed. They want their husbands to be with them (instead of overseas). They want lives of meaning.
I have seen more discrimination against these women in two days than I have possibly experienced in my own life thus far. Or maybe I have simply ignored discrimination. It never stopped me. It may have set me back for a bit but it never kept me down for long.
As I get to know these wonderful, gracious, beautiful women, I hope to help them in their journeys here. I hope to help them find that peace. I will stand up for them. I will defend them. I will help them find justice in their new country. I feel honoured to be entrusted with the task of creating more programs for them.
Wow, I love my life! It certainly is never dull!
I have seen more discrimination against these women in two days than I have possibly experienced in my own life thus far. Or maybe I have simply ignored discrimination. It never stopped me. It may have set me back for a bit but it never kept me down for long.
As I get to know these wonderful, gracious, beautiful women, I hope to help them in their journeys here. I hope to help them find that peace. I will stand up for them. I will defend them. I will help them find justice in their new country. I feel honoured to be entrusted with the task of creating more programs for them.
Wow, I love my life! It certainly is never dull!
Comments
Post a Comment