I lived in city centre Dublin for three years. I am not Irish. I think I was the only person ever to land in Dublin and not claim to be Irish. Yet the inner city youth I worked with considered me one of them.
It was some crazy days. I loved it though. As St. Patrick's Day approaches I realise I left a part of my heart in Ireland. It truly is a beautiful country, and not just because of the scenery. The people are amazing. They will make you laugh. They will make you cry. They will welcome you and love you. They will show you great craic (an Irish word I encourage you to look up). They will make you tea. They will buy you a pint.
They will slow you down for a wee bit to see there is more to life than chasing money. And you will see they are right. You will never forget an Irish friend.
I moved back to Canada in the summer of 2003. I have not been back since. But not because I have not wanted to. Life has a way of taking us along different journeys than we imagined. I still plan on heading back there to visit. I would encourage you to do the same.
It was some crazy days. I loved it though. As St. Patrick's Day approaches I realise I left a part of my heart in Ireland. It truly is a beautiful country, and not just because of the scenery. The people are amazing. They will make you laugh. They will make you cry. They will welcome you and love you. They will show you great craic (an Irish word I encourage you to look up). They will make you tea. They will buy you a pint.
They will slow you down for a wee bit to see there is more to life than chasing money. And you will see they are right. You will never forget an Irish friend.
I moved back to Canada in the summer of 2003. I have not been back since. But not because I have not wanted to. Life has a way of taking us along different journeys than we imagined. I still plan on heading back there to visit. I would encourage you to do the same.
Ireland is definitely one of the places I would love to visit. If for nothing else the pubs and the scenery!
ReplyDeleteIt truly is a wonderful place! You can not visit it and leave unchanged.
ReplyDelete