I am feeling very accomplished at the moment. I had a productive day at the Cafe, went to renew my membership at the U of W to use their track and bought some groceries at Safeway. And I'm still home with lots of time to do homework! I also don't feel a need for a nap.
The membership at the U of W is cheap because I live in the Spence Neighbourhood. It is only $90 from January-August. I can walk there and it is cheaper than running at Pan Am. That is good as I need to start training for the WPS Half Marathon in May.
As I was walking there, and home again, I was thinking about how much I love my area. I passed a few people I know who live around here and I was able to wish them a Merry Christmas. Maybe that seems small to some people but to me it says community. It also made me think about a job offer I received recently and was prompted to consider again today. It would take me to a different area but pay considerably more. It would be a great job in a lot of ways. I think the fact I'm torn about leaving this area to work elsewhere tells me I need to stay where I am. Money has never been a good motivator for me.
So I will stay here. Tonight I will stay in, do homework and maybe some baking. Oh, and cleaning. I may live in a small flat but it too needs to be cleaned. Thankfully my laundry is caught up enough. Hmm, come to think of it, I should write up a training plan for the Half Marathon. I sound ambitious. Hopefully I can keep the momentum going!
The membership at the U of W is cheap because I live in the Spence Neighbourhood. It is only $90 from January-August. I can walk there and it is cheaper than running at Pan Am. That is good as I need to start training for the WPS Half Marathon in May.
As I was walking there, and home again, I was thinking about how much I love my area. I passed a few people I know who live around here and I was able to wish them a Merry Christmas. Maybe that seems small to some people but to me it says community. It also made me think about a job offer I received recently and was prompted to consider again today. It would take me to a different area but pay considerably more. It would be a great job in a lot of ways. I think the fact I'm torn about leaving this area to work elsewhere tells me I need to stay where I am. Money has never been a good motivator for me.
So I will stay here. Tonight I will stay in, do homework and maybe some baking. Oh, and cleaning. I may live in a small flat but it too needs to be cleaned. Thankfully my laundry is caught up enough. Hmm, come to think of it, I should write up a training plan for the Half Marathon. I sound ambitious. Hopefully I can keep the momentum going!
Comments
Post a Comment