Today is the shortest day of the year. Yay! It is all improving from here. It is also my special friend Solomon's birthday. He is now 6. I was able to invite myself over there this evening and had a great time, as usual, with all four boys. They are some of my favourite little people. I was so happy to have so much time with them.
I learn a lot from my relationships with all little people. But I have learned a lot from these four inparticular. I have learned unconditional love. I know the joy of being the one they choose to read them the bedtime story. I feel overwhelming delight when I am the one they want to sit with or hold hands when walking along.
I love little people. Then I come home and see how some little people here are out late, only fed one meal a day, not being taught in school (because they are not in school or the teacher is overwhelmed). Yet I love these ones just as much. Some days I wish I had little people of my own. Then I think it is good that I don't. This way I can do more for others around me.
I learn a lot from my relationships with all little people. But I have learned a lot from these four inparticular. I have learned unconditional love. I know the joy of being the one they choose to read them the bedtime story. I feel overwhelming delight when I am the one they want to sit with or hold hands when walking along.
I love little people. Then I come home and see how some little people here are out late, only fed one meal a day, not being taught in school (because they are not in school or the teacher is overwhelmed). Yet I love these ones just as much. Some days I wish I had little people of my own. Then I think it is good that I don't. This way I can do more for others around me.
they love you to, Abinda, Binna, ununh, Belinda.
ReplyDeleteFor the record, Phin did call me by name.
ReplyDelete