Skip to main content

Not so politically correct...

Well I have decided not to run for City Council. The biggest reason is I could not find a CGA soon enough. But maybe that was a sign I should not go forward with it.

My dealings with City Council and City Hall have left me angry and frustrated. I am angry that people who are responsible for making laws to govern our city have NO interest in the truth. They give in to people who lie. They ask for NO accountability from those who spend OUR money.

What is truly heartbreaking is the fact these people who have been elected or hired to make this city better for all really don't give a toss about my neighbours. They do not care at all about residents in the West End. We do not matter! Really?! Peter, who has no teeth and is schizophrenic, does not matter?! I beg to differ! If we do not see him at the Cafe at least once a day we worry about where he is. He matters!

Does Heather not matter? She is recently separated from her husband and living on permanent disability. Does she not matter?! I beg to differ!

I could go on and on about the people who come into the Ellice Cafe daily and I love them! I do not care about their income. I do not care about their living situation. I do not care about their past. I do not care about how they are dressed. I care because they came in the door of my restaurant.

I felt like giving up yesterday after hearing about yet another Public Works meeting at City Hall where lies were spread unchallenged by the Councillors responsible for our best. They don't give a s**t about the West End! I couldn't believe it. I cried. ALL people in this city matter. And they won't have a life better than this if we don't start seeing that! Until more people stand up and speak up for them, politicians won't give a toss. They won't make the hard choices, that really are not that hard.

I am not a liar. My mum can tell you how pathetic I am at lying. Life is too short and people are too important to serve my own purposes. I can not be a City Councillor. For the first time ever, I don't even want to vote. But I will. I might vote for Judy for Mayor seeing as our current Mayor has no interest in helping West End residents or standing up for truth in this case.

Yes, I am angry. No, I won't give up. I will ask for help. I need more people than just me to move this fight forward and to be the voice for the West End.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Safety

I should be doing homework. I have to give a presentation on Dorothy Day in class next week and she lived a large life. I also have to submit a 15-18 page paper on her. Yet I had to stop after reading just a summary of her life. She did a lot. She lived what she believed without fear. She went to prison on a few occasions for the causes she believed in. It got me thinking about my own life and where I am currently. I do not go out often anymore. People do not invite me out much. Only a few people text or call me regularly or message me on social media. Often when I have made plans over the past year or so I have changed or cancelled them for one reason or another. I can see why people do not automatically think to invite me out. (Ha ha.) Yet I also see how I got to this point in life. During Covid, I almost thrived being home a lot. A part of me was tired and the introvert in me needed time away. It was safe. Now that life has returned to a normal of sorts, maybe a new normal that is n...

Hmm...how's this for an intro?

Well here is my first blog post. I thought the title 'B S' is great considering those are my initials. No hidden meaning there either. I have no idea how often I will post on here but I hope those who read it enjoy. My life is certainly never dull. The potential for great conversation is immense. I also hope to inspire and encourage others through this... Thanks for joining me!

Pick your battles...

Apparently I have chosen yet another battle. Although can it be a battle if the other side simply dismisses you? Maybe not. I saw PETA's banned Super Bowl ad purely by chance. I was on a web site showing all the ads as I did not watch the game. When it first came on I thought it was a Victoria's Secret commercial. Then I see vegetables in the ad. It was PETA. So I sent an email. Scantily clad women performing mock sex acts with produce is not my idea of intelligent advertising. It lowers the bar. It is exploiting women. I sent them an email expressing that opinion. They disagree. It seems it is ok to demean women (at least this is my opinion) for the sake of animals. Yet I do not see that ad generating more support for the cause of animal rights. Is it controversial? Yes. Does it get people talking? Clearly. Yet it does not get people talking intelligently about the real issue - that of preventing cruelty to animals. Why don't they raise the bar in advert...