Well today is February 1st. This is the start of a month of simplicity for me. It did not start out the way I hoped. I drove my car around today (even though I hoped to drive less this month) because it was SOOO cold! I also went out with a friend. It was work related. But I spent money on something I did not need. So I am having to redefine what this month will mean.
The reality is, there are things I would like. I would like to spend my money on meeting a friend at a restaurant once in a while. I would like to spend money on something I like once in a while. I need food. I may not NEED my car but I have it so I use it. I suppose simplicity is really me being in control of things rather than things being in control of me. It is also about being intentional. When I spend my money in such a way that it blesses or benefits others, that is a good thing. Isn't it?
So this month will be about resetting what my life is about. It is believing my life matters. It is believing my choices matter. It is about seeing the bigger picture and realising what I do can impact others in the world around me.
Bring on the simplicity!
The reality is, there are things I would like. I would like to spend my money on meeting a friend at a restaurant once in a while. I would like to spend money on something I like once in a while. I need food. I may not NEED my car but I have it so I use it. I suppose simplicity is really me being in control of things rather than things being in control of me. It is also about being intentional. When I spend my money in such a way that it blesses or benefits others, that is a good thing. Isn't it?
So this month will be about resetting what my life is about. It is believing my life matters. It is believing my choices matter. It is about seeing the bigger picture and realising what I do can impact others in the world around me.
Bring on the simplicity!
Living a simple lifestyle can be quite an adjustment. But anyone can do it. It's a little easier to do when you don't have a choice but you feel better about it if it is your own choice I think.
ReplyDelete