So tomorrow is the first day of my last semester at Providence Theological Seminary. I am a wee bit nervous partly because I am not sure who else will be in the class and I have to drive out there so early in the morning. You would think it was my first time ever walking into a new situation. It is not the newness of school. It is more the newness of another class with people I do not know and probably won't know very well after the course is finished. I am sure they are all great people. I am just never on campus and am so busy between classes even my family hardly sees me.
I also tend to think differently than a lot of my fellow students. I have, over the years, had many people disagree strongly with me on things. Fortunately I am right. Although it isn't about being right. It is about a proper view of education. I am not seeking more education so I can be better than others. Nor do I believe it elevates me in society in any way. I am pursing further education because I want to know more. I want to know more about others. I want to know more about society. I want to know more about my faith. These things all put together add up to responsibility. That is what I believe higher education gives me, more responsibility. I have more responsibility to share what I have learned in a way that benefits those around me. I have more responsibility to use what I have learned to improve things. It should give me greater passion and compassion.
Although at this moment I'm just hoping my car, parked behind my apartment building, doesn't have any smashed windows when I go out there in the morning.
I also tend to think differently than a lot of my fellow students. I have, over the years, had many people disagree strongly with me on things. Fortunately I am right. Although it isn't about being right. It is about a proper view of education. I am not seeking more education so I can be better than others. Nor do I believe it elevates me in society in any way. I am pursing further education because I want to know more. I want to know more about others. I want to know more about society. I want to know more about my faith. These things all put together add up to responsibility. That is what I believe higher education gives me, more responsibility. I have more responsibility to share what I have learned in a way that benefits those around me. I have more responsibility to use what I have learned to improve things. It should give me greater passion and compassion.
Although at this moment I'm just hoping my car, parked behind my apartment building, doesn't have any smashed windows when I go out there in the morning.
Comments
Post a Comment