I think everyone who lives in the West End should live in a flat at some point. Ok, maybe if you are single. I do not have children so I do not have as many points of connection with people in the community. Well I don't think I do.
Yes, I run a local Cafe and know a lot of people who live in the area. I also know a lot of people who come to visit the area. Maybe I'm a bit of a West End Ambassador. Hmm, I never thought of that! I like that!
But you truly connect with people when you share some common space with them. That is partly why I sit in the laundry room in my building when doing laundry. This is a much better laundry situation than the building I lived in on Furby. Or I assume it is. I never went into the basement of that building.
Having bed bugs in my suite a few months ago also helped me connect with people. It is always the little things that mean the most. I'm not entirely kidding about that.
Sometimes I am tired, however, of sharing space. The guy living next to me has had his tv on since Sunday. How do I know this? I can hear it just enough when I go to bed at night and when I wake up in the morning. Really Gerry? Are you there? Are you dead? Are you strung out on drugs? Honestly, I've seen the guy. It could be any of the above.
So I continue to consider living in a house. I would love to have the space that is mine. I can paint whatever colour I want. I can hang photos wherever I want. I can 'own' the space. Good thing I know there is more to life than paint. I did paint my current place. I always do. Although I found Jared who is an expert painter to do the hard work for me for a very good rate!
I guess this is my rambling for today. Again, I LOVE the West End! There are few places like it. If you ever want culture, excitement and a wee bit of danger, come on down! If you want a great story to share with others, this is the place for you. Or you can simply read mine. I'm happy to share with you.
Yes, I run a local Cafe and know a lot of people who live in the area. I also know a lot of people who come to visit the area. Maybe I'm a bit of a West End Ambassador. Hmm, I never thought of that! I like that!
But you truly connect with people when you share some common space with them. That is partly why I sit in the laundry room in my building when doing laundry. This is a much better laundry situation than the building I lived in on Furby. Or I assume it is. I never went into the basement of that building.
Having bed bugs in my suite a few months ago also helped me connect with people. It is always the little things that mean the most. I'm not entirely kidding about that.
Sometimes I am tired, however, of sharing space. The guy living next to me has had his tv on since Sunday. How do I know this? I can hear it just enough when I go to bed at night and when I wake up in the morning. Really Gerry? Are you there? Are you dead? Are you strung out on drugs? Honestly, I've seen the guy. It could be any of the above.
So I continue to consider living in a house. I would love to have the space that is mine. I can paint whatever colour I want. I can hang photos wherever I want. I can 'own' the space. Good thing I know there is more to life than paint. I did paint my current place. I always do. Although I found Jared who is an expert painter to do the hard work for me for a very good rate!
I guess this is my rambling for today. Again, I LOVE the West End! There are few places like it. If you ever want culture, excitement and a wee bit of danger, come on down! If you want a great story to share with others, this is the place for you. Or you can simply read mine. I'm happy to share with you.
Danger. Yes. That's my middle name. I'll just stick to reading your stories :)
ReplyDelete