Is it really Sunday night?!
It has been a crazy week. Today was the first uneventful day. But I was a bit emotional as a result of the past six days. I don't know what it was. It felt like I was being attacked at every turn. It started Monday and didn't let up until today. I had more than one person yell at me this week. Really? Am I that horrible?
I started to feel like I was. It felt as though I was just making a mess of everything. Then there was the fire in the kitchen at the Cafe. I think that was Wednesday morning. It all happened, was put out and almost cleaned up before we opened at 8. I hate fire. I have a fear of fire (and drowning). But Tony, my head cook, was calm and collected as he dealt with it. I just stood there watching, trying to think if there was anything else I could do. Afterwards he said he was calm because I was calm. I was calm because he was calm. Although, as manager of the Cafe I feel I should always remain calm and professional. It can diffuse a lot of tension in situations. It is a skill have been able to develop a lot!
Then came Friday. I had my class out at Prov. I have to say I am really enjoying it! I can't believe I will graduate with my Masters in April. There is a tonne of work to do before then but I think I should be able to complete it all. There are only 5 of us in the class and the discussion is really enjoyable. I sometimes think I'm not as smart as other Seminary students but I see, in that discussion, I am. Woo hoo!
Today at church the sermon was about marriage. I fought a negative attitude. I was sitting there thinking what a waste of time it was for me. I am not married and never will be. Ok, I say I will never will be and married people tell me I don't know that. Well right now I am perfectly content as I am. I have a great life (even with fires in kitchens). I like it. So I tried to get something out of it anyway. What I got was I should always be trying to be a better person, to love myself so I can in turn love others. I needed that reminder.
All that said I am just glad last week is behind me. The messes I have made, or perceived myself to have made, are in the past. This week I move ahead and try to make life better in some way for those around me.
My life is certainly never dull. But I have never been a fan of roller coasters.
It has been a crazy week. Today was the first uneventful day. But I was a bit emotional as a result of the past six days. I don't know what it was. It felt like I was being attacked at every turn. It started Monday and didn't let up until today. I had more than one person yell at me this week. Really? Am I that horrible?
I started to feel like I was. It felt as though I was just making a mess of everything. Then there was the fire in the kitchen at the Cafe. I think that was Wednesday morning. It all happened, was put out and almost cleaned up before we opened at 8. I hate fire. I have a fear of fire (and drowning). But Tony, my head cook, was calm and collected as he dealt with it. I just stood there watching, trying to think if there was anything else I could do. Afterwards he said he was calm because I was calm. I was calm because he was calm. Although, as manager of the Cafe I feel I should always remain calm and professional. It can diffuse a lot of tension in situations. It is a skill have been able to develop a lot!
Then came Friday. I had my class out at Prov. I have to say I am really enjoying it! I can't believe I will graduate with my Masters in April. There is a tonne of work to do before then but I think I should be able to complete it all. There are only 5 of us in the class and the discussion is really enjoyable. I sometimes think I'm not as smart as other Seminary students but I see, in that discussion, I am. Woo hoo!
Today at church the sermon was about marriage. I fought a negative attitude. I was sitting there thinking what a waste of time it was for me. I am not married and never will be. Ok, I say I will never will be and married people tell me I don't know that. Well right now I am perfectly content as I am. I have a great life (even with fires in kitchens). I like it. So I tried to get something out of it anyway. What I got was I should always be trying to be a better person, to love myself so I can in turn love others. I needed that reminder.
All that said I am just glad last week is behind me. The messes I have made, or perceived myself to have made, are in the past. This week I move ahead and try to make life better in some way for those around me.
My life is certainly never dull. But I have never been a fan of roller coasters.
My dearest friend. Praise God that we can move forward with our Savior and learn from His word. (By the way, you are so intelligent and thought-provoking.) J9
ReplyDelete