Lately I have been wondering how much stuff I can pack into a day. I seem to be filling my days from start to finish with work, more work, friends and community stuff. This is not a complaint at all. It is my choice to fill my days so much.
My life is not always so full either. It seems to go through seasons of busy-ness. I would be lying if I said I did not enjoy or appreciate it. Well, I don't enjoy how disorganized my home feels when I don't spend enough time here because I am so busy.
There were a few years when I was unable to do much of anything. From 1996-1999 I did not accomplish much other than hospital visits and surgeries. That is not exactly the resume most 20 somethings are building. Yet that time taught me a lot about what is important. It taught me a lot about character, my character.
When you are unable to do much physically, you start to do a lot mentally and emotionally. It can be exhausting. It can also be filled with peace and hope of change. I am thankful I did change. I grew, I learned. Looking back I see it as less a time of struggle and more a time of refining. The pain is gone and for that I am most thankful. It was horrible. I would not wish it on anyone.
So now that I can do things, I fill my days up with as much as I can. How do I continue to help make the world around me better? That is my goal in many respects. I also love challenges. I love the feeling of accomplishment. I love being able to bless others. I love knowing I did something I could not do. I also love proving people wrong, and instead, that I am capable. I can do it.
Yet it is important to not lose that time to stop, reflect, refresh and restore. I still need to build and grow character. I need to exercise good character. If I want to have an impact on the area around me, I need to be sure to create a space where I can stop long enough too.
My life is not always so full either. It seems to go through seasons of busy-ness. I would be lying if I said I did not enjoy or appreciate it. Well, I don't enjoy how disorganized my home feels when I don't spend enough time here because I am so busy.
There were a few years when I was unable to do much of anything. From 1996-1999 I did not accomplish much other than hospital visits and surgeries. That is not exactly the resume most 20 somethings are building. Yet that time taught me a lot about what is important. It taught me a lot about character, my character.
When you are unable to do much physically, you start to do a lot mentally and emotionally. It can be exhausting. It can also be filled with peace and hope of change. I am thankful I did change. I grew, I learned. Looking back I see it as less a time of struggle and more a time of refining. The pain is gone and for that I am most thankful. It was horrible. I would not wish it on anyone.
So now that I can do things, I fill my days up with as much as I can. How do I continue to help make the world around me better? That is my goal in many respects. I also love challenges. I love the feeling of accomplishment. I love being able to bless others. I love knowing I did something I could not do. I also love proving people wrong, and instead, that I am capable. I can do it.
Yet it is important to not lose that time to stop, reflect, refresh and restore. I still need to build and grow character. I need to exercise good character. If I want to have an impact on the area around me, I need to be sure to create a space where I can stop long enough too.
Comments
Post a Comment