Ok, try to get past the cheesy title for this blog post.
I have amazing friends. I am incredibly blessed to have such amazing people in my life. I am not sure how I managed to build these amazing relationships but I have.
My friends come in many forms and from many places. Some I have known for decades. They have seen me through some incredibly difficult days. I have also had the privilege of walking with them through some difficult times.
Some I have known for only a few years. I am thankful for them. Each moment I am thankful for the blessing they are to me. The fact that people not only care about me, they care to invest in me as well is truly humbling.
Then there are some I have only known for a few months. These are people I meet as I go through life. I always seem to 'collect' more friends which is wonderful as my heart always has room for more.
I have found that the more people I have in my life, the more my thoughts are deepened. The more my horizons broadened. The more my thoughts are stretched. The people in my life matter to me. You will matter to me because you are you. There are no other qualifications. I have dear friends who are spiritually very different from me. Emotionally very different from me. Politically very different from me. Yet they all matter - equally.
Life is hard. We need good people around us. Wait, we need real people around us. We need people who see past our flaws and are still able to believe in us. We need those who can cheer lead when we are facing a tough battle. We need those who are quiet and simply care for us when we cannot carry the burden alone. We need people who can laugh with us when things seem insurmountable. We need people who can simply be with us.
We need each other because sometimes life is so hard, we cannot carry on alone. Sometimes life is so incredibly amazing we have to share it with those around us. Sometimes life is so baffling we need to talk to others to help figure it out. And sometimes life is dull so we need those special people to help make it brighter.
People. Matter. Always.
I have amazing friends. I am incredibly blessed to have such amazing people in my life. I am not sure how I managed to build these amazing relationships but I have.
My friends come in many forms and from many places. Some I have known for decades. They have seen me through some incredibly difficult days. I have also had the privilege of walking with them through some difficult times.
Some I have known for only a few years. I am thankful for them. Each moment I am thankful for the blessing they are to me. The fact that people not only care about me, they care to invest in me as well is truly humbling.
Then there are some I have only known for a few months. These are people I meet as I go through life. I always seem to 'collect' more friends which is wonderful as my heart always has room for more.
I have found that the more people I have in my life, the more my thoughts are deepened. The more my horizons broadened. The more my thoughts are stretched. The people in my life matter to me. You will matter to me because you are you. There are no other qualifications. I have dear friends who are spiritually very different from me. Emotionally very different from me. Politically very different from me. Yet they all matter - equally.
Life is hard. We need good people around us. Wait, we need real people around us. We need people who see past our flaws and are still able to believe in us. We need those who can cheer lead when we are facing a tough battle. We need those who are quiet and simply care for us when we cannot carry the burden alone. We need people who can laugh with us when things seem insurmountable. We need people who can simply be with us.
We need each other because sometimes life is so hard, we cannot carry on alone. Sometimes life is so incredibly amazing we have to share it with those around us. Sometimes life is so baffling we need to talk to others to help figure it out. And sometimes life is dull so we need those special people to help make it brighter.
People. Matter. Always.
Comments
Post a Comment